Dan Risacher's software project pages
I'm an open-source advocate, and software hobbyist. Over the
years I've done a bit of hacking on various things. I write the
occasional piece of software for myself, but I've rarely shared them
with the world because I rarely have put enough polish on things to
make me think they were worth sharing.
At the urging of some friends, I've decided to try to go back and
polish some of these past musings and put them into 'releaseable'
form, and document them with web pages and such.
- Sunwait (a sunrise/sunset calculator for
home automation - Jul 2000)
- Pictureframe Linux (Dec 2003)
- rfremoted (an interpreter for the X10
serial port receiver - Jul 2001)
- priscilla (a home automation engine - May 2002?)
- localfix (something like GNU Stow - 1994?)
- Evolve (Establish a VPN in One Line, Very
Easily - Jul 2001)
- Win32::API for Cygwin (Patches to make
Win32::API perl module work under Cygwin - Feb 2002)
- ogle_stdin (A text front-end to Ogle - Feb 2004)
- dots (A tiny little unix pipe watcher - Nov 2003)
- ufid (A tool for accessing Unique File
IDentifiers in MP3 files - Jan 2005)
- libusb port of beta Phidget20 library (patch adopted by the Phidget library - a linux/libUSB port of the interface library for Phidgets - Jun 2005)
- Hipster PDA calendar templates (Perl code to generate calendar templates for a
Hipster PDA - Feb 2008)
- PuTTY-CAC (A version of PuTTY that supports the Common
Access Card (CAC) - Apr 2009)
- p11-capi (a shim that allows programs that use the PKCS11 smartcard API (like Firefox) to use Microsoft CAPI; this allows Firefox users to use CAPI-based smartcard middleware on Microsoft Windows platofrms - 2016)
- ttyx (a web-based terminal emulator that allows shell access over websockets or long-polling - Jan 2013)
- yxorp-edon a reverse-proxy for web traffic written in nodeJS. Comparable to nginx, but possible to implement TLS renegotation, which nginx WONTFIX - Jun 2016.